Due to Section 265 of the New York State Penal Code, clay target coaches and staff are required to meet the high school clay target league policies mentioned below.
Any coach or team staff providing immediate supervision, guidance or instruction to a student or student athlete must:
- Be at least 21 years old; and
- Be either:
- A duly commissioned officer of the United States army, navy, air force, marine corps or coast guard, or of the national guard of the state of New York; OR
- A duly qualified adult citizen of the United States who has been granted a certificate as an instructor in small arms practice issued by the United States army, navy, air force or marine corps, or by the adjutant general of this state, or by the National Rifle Association of America; OR
- Designated in writing by the parent or guardian of all students or student athletes under the age of 16 years AND certified in responsible hunting, including safety, ethics, and landowner relations-hunter relations, by the department of environmental conservation; OR
- An agent of the department of environmental conservation appointed to conduct courses in responsible hunting practices pursuant to article eleven of the environmental conservation law.
The team agreement form within the Team Management System has been updated. Coaches and team staff members will be required to agree to the terms of the team agreement to be registered on the team and receive the League’s insurance.
If you do not meet any of the above requirements, please complete the necessary requirement prior to registering as a coach for the League.